Friday, March 4, 2011

Robert Pattinson's radio interview with Ryan Seacrest

Hollywoodcrush MTV has posted 4 things they learned from Robert Pattinson radio interview with Ryan Seacrest.
Braving the mud hills of his obscure Canadian location and risking getting beaten by members of the "Breaking Dawn" cast and crew, Robert Pattinson took time to call into Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning for a brief chat. RPattz was surprisingly giggly (but to be honest, Ryan lends himself to that sort of response) and divulged a few details about his upcoming release, "Water for Elephants" with Reese Witherspoon, and the highly anticipated "Breaking Dawn." Here's what we learned:
As if this wasn't clear from the current Vanity Fair cover, he's an animal lover.
Robert formed a close relationship with Tai, one of the elephants featured in "Water for Elephants." "They're the most sophisticated, gentle creatures you could possibly hope to work with," he told Ryan. "I got carried around in her mouth the first day I met [Tai] and you suddenly realize how incredible they are."
Historical accuracy is so important to him, he even researched for his role in the Great Depression-era film. 
"It's a big, beautiful old-fashioned love story, set in the '30s with me and Reese Witherspoon playing lovers. It's very sweet," he explained. "I watched a bunch of documentaries, but the main thing is the [Sara Gruen] novel it's based on is very historically accurate. Jack Fisk, who's the production designer, his sets were so incredibly authentic, and the costume designer and everything, it's an incredibly true to life adaptation of the book."
Team Edward fans made him nervous about taking on the "Water for Elephants" character of Jacob.
Wait a second, not that Jacob. "It's quite funny, as soon as I read [the script] that was one of my main concerns," Robert laughed. "I think the fact that he's Polish—Jacob Jankowski—takes away from [the similarities] a little bit. It's very different from 'Twilight.'"
Despite the constant buzz of media attention, he's content with where he is in his career.
"I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone. I mean, I stayed working, stayed pretty happy. I think that's the most you can ask for," he said. Sadly, Robert remained mum on details from the "Breaking Dawn" set, but did set the rumor straight that his fellow cast members are not on lockdown while secluded in "the middle of nowhere" Canada. "They're being super-secretive about all the stuff on this one but I think I can get out of my room," he laughed. But the next two months won't allow Rob much time for anything else, as "Breaking Dawn" continues filming until the premiere of "Water for Elephants" on April 22.






Source
Radio interview source

[Ina Noorazan]


No comments: